Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The World Of Sharita Lira


SL: Hi Momcat thanks for having me! :D

     AMC: You are most welcome here in my world.  Shall we get the party started?  Where did you grow up? Do you think your childhood impacts your writing?

SL: I grew up on the southside of Chicago. Not much of my childhood impacts my writing since I was so much of a late bloomer when it came to the sex thing. *laughs*

     AMC: Do your siblings if you have any, find their way into your stories?  

SL: I have one younger brother. He hasn’t shown up in any of my stories yet. I don’t think he’ll be happy about being in an m/m book. *grins*

     AMC: Are you married, single? Children?   

SL: Yes I’m off the market thankfully. Happily married with two lovely, bratty kids. 

      AMC: Who do you read?  What genres do you enjoy? Can you list any that you think we would enjoy?  

SL: Um, I’m mostly into m/m of any subgenre now. I need to get back into hetero but I’m so addicted to anything gay. I love Sue Brown or Sue Brow as I called her in my last interview. Damn typos. I also love Tara Lain, Sloan Parker, Rick Reed, Blak Rayne and so many of my peers in m/m that might take up the rest of this page. 

     AMC: Who is your all time favorite author and why?  

SL: All Time, definitely Anne Rice. I know it’s so cliché but I’ve read almost all of her books. She’s the only one I can say that about right now. 

     AMC: Ebook or paperback?  Why?  

SL: I love the feel of a paperback book. I haven’t bought any in a while. I still have GC’s from B&N leftover from Christmas I need to spend. Still, e-book has given a new author like me a chance to achieve part of my dream. That might not have happened even as soon as 5 years ago. 

     AMC: How many books do you read a month? What are you reading now?  

SL: I might read, depending on length, 4 books a month. I know that sucks because I write, work part time, and I have a family. When in the middle of my own novel I usually don’t read as much. Right now I’m reading Caribbean Heat by Remmy Duchene, another of my faves!

     AMC: What's your favorite way to relax and recharge? Hobbies?  

SL: My favorite way to relax? Reading and or writing fanfic. No seriously, I love writing that much. Occasionally some erotic movies. LOL They inspire me. 

     AMC: Do you have a favorite quote?  Does it have a special meaning to you?  

SL: Fave quote? Never tell a book by its cover. It has always been my mantra because it fits me. People don’t believe that I write erotica, less alone m/m erotica. I look too innocent. At least that’s what they tell me. *grins*

Fun Stuff  Why?  Because Mom Cat’s are curious creatures!
Favorite color? Black
Favorite food?  Pizza
Favorite time of year and why?     Halloween. I love dressing up!


Where can readers find your books and learn more about you?

SL: The links
The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com







Thanks for having me!

Author Sharita Lira: The Triad, otherwise known as the characters in the head of Sharita Lira are three separate muses that are the driving force behind her small amount of success. Misses Lira sees her own life as one that is very ordinary, so instead of presenting herself out to the world, she created three personalities that continue to haunt her all hours of the night to get several WIP’s done at the speed of light, and push her to the brink of sheer exhaustion, but she loves it and that’s the reason she hasn’t told them to get the hell out her head.

Michael Mandrake, BLMorticia, and Rawiya collectively have written over 30 stories published in e-book and or print through 7 different publishers. Right now as it stands, Mrs. Lira and the muses have 6 sole author books with much more to come in 2012 and beyond.

She is a happily married mother of two that writes m/m, m/f, ménage, paranormals, contemporaries, and for fun some fan fiction. She is a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens, and a big fan of 80′s and heavy metal music. She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.

 
Unofficial Blurb: Camdyn Hardy is a former cop who has his own private investigator business. Due to a misunderstanding from a client, he gets into an argument with his lover Tay. Right after, they breakup Camdyn is left alone to think about his future as a PI and his love life.

Malik Day was recently discharged under the DADT policy and is looking to get his life on track The main reason he joined was because he dreamed of being a ranking officer. Now that it’s been taken away, he desires to start his life anew and find someone to share it with.

After two weeks the men meet at a shooting range and find out they have a lot in common. Once they engage in a one on one match, they proceed to a bar to have drinks and get to know one another better.  They both discover their affinity for guns as well as Camdyn’s need for a new partner at Camdyn & Associates. Malik is intrigued but afraid to ask him and decides to wait till they are closer. Camdyn is excited about this prospect as well but waits for Malik to say the word. Finally, in an erotic encounter, true feelings are revealed.

The story continues where the twosome began their work and love relationship. Together they’ll take on cases investigating cheating husbands or wives, companies with defector employees all the while trying to maintain their newfound commitment to one another as well as having a little fun in the process.

Excerpt PG

After he’d folded his laundry, he thought about going somewhere to let off some steam, to get all the violent thoughts out of his head. Why not a trip to the range?
Malik could pretend the targets were those idiots that beat that kid and his old drill sergeant. Why not? His fantasies would harm no one. It was the safest way to let out some aggression without landing in jail.
Just as he prepared to leave his room, his mother came in. “Son, why don’t you come to Bible study with me today? It might do you some good.” She stood by the door, tightly gripping her purse.
Malik sighed and shook his head. He really did love his mother, but the last place he needed to be was at a Bible study. He swallowed hard and cleared his throat. “Mom, I was just on my way out. Maybe I’ll join you the next time you go, okay? Just not today.”
“That’s what you said last week, Malik. And the week before that.” She tilted her head, her eyes flaring at her son, and then pursed her lips.
“Mom, really, I don’t wanna…”
“Malik, you listen to me. If you cared more about your religion, you wouldn’t be in this kind of situation in the first place. You need to start puttin’ God first in your life. Bein’…” she stopped and stuttered. “Desiring a man is against God’s word. You don’t wanna go to Hell, do you?”
Malik rolled his eyes and silently exhaled. He had answers for that, but she was up in age, and he didn’t want to cause her a heart attack. He bit his lip and shifted his weight onto his left foot. “Mom, please don’t lecture me. I was born this way, okay? I love men, I never will…”
“Don’t…don’t…” Mrs. Day put up her hands to her head, and petulantly stared him down. “I don’t wanna hear those words in my house. It ain’t right, Malik. That’s the choice you made and… I mean, you never even tried to look for a woman.”
“Mom, I’m not attracted to women, never have been. Listen mother, with all due respect, I was born this way, and it was my choice to act on it. I could’ve stayed closeted, sure, but why hide who I am in order to make you or dad happy? If God’s gonna judge me because I like to lie with other men, then so be it. For now…” He grabbed his keys for the rental car. “I’m gonna live my life the way I want to. Bye, Ma.” He walked past her and out the door.
“Malik! Malik, you come back here!” she yelled from atop the staircase.
Former Lieutenant Day didn’t bother to turn around. He’d never just flat out ignored his mother until today, but he felt this to be as good of a day as any. She got on his nerves, and if he would’ve stayed there, there would’ve been an argument. Malik blew raspberries after he closed the car door. “Fuck… I need a drink, but I’m going to the range first to let out some of this mad energy!”
The freeway was clear of traffic for a change, and he whizzed along without interruption until he arrived at the shooting range. Just the thought of holding a gun again caused disruption in his pants; one he knew wouldn’t dissipate until he actually held the steel in his palm.
Once he checked in and got the necessary safety gear and ammo, he proceeded to one of the booths and prepared to take aim at the targets. He adjusted his goggles and headphones as he fired a bullet at the panels in front of him.
“Gotcha, heh.” He laughed to himself, while hitting every target with precision. He thought back to basic training, when he’d first held a weapon in his hands. The proudest moment in his life, other than the day he came out of the closet. In both instances, Malik was cocked and loaded. Nothing stood in the way of his obtaining his goal to be a soldier and, in the case of revealing his sexuality, his right to be a happy man.





2 comments: